The musculoskeletal system supports and connects the body's tissues and organs, allowing for full range of motion and the protection of vital organs. Orthopedic surgeries are performed on the musculoskeletal system when an injury or disease has affected its performance. These surgeries are highly invasive in most cases, and require top-tier care and skill.
Unfortunately, not all surgeons and hospitals live up to expectations, and some patients end up with serious injuries that could have been prevented. At Winckler & Harvey, L.L.P., our Texas orthopedic surgical injury lawyers represent individuals and families that have been adversely affected by medical malpractice in private institutions and government-operated facilities such as military and VA hospitals.
We have dedicated our law practice primarily to medical malpractice, with a team of attorneys that provides more than 80 years of combined experience. Every individual we represent gets personal attention. We are easily reached at our Austin, Texas, office online or by telephone at 512-593-7399 (toll free at 888-640-1800). Feel free to contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
Austin Medical Malpractice Lawyers For Clients Throughout Texas
Any physical trauma that damages the musculoskeletal system may result in orthopedic surgery. This could include injuries from car accidents, tumors, degenerative diseases or sports.
While every surgery carries risk, some injuries are the result of negligence before, during or after an operation. For example:
- Improper diagnosis of bone fractures in the back, neck or spinal column
- Negligent analysis of medical records and charts prior to surgery
- Operating on the wrong location of the body
- Incompetence in the operating room caused by inexperienced or poorly trained surgeons, nurses or support staff
- Improper preparation for surgery such as failure to sterilize instruments
- Failure to refer patients to specialists when necessary
- Failure to monitor patient vitals during and after surgery
- Failure to prevent or treat infections
Do not assume that the struggle you have had during recovery is normal. If you feel your surgery was not performed properly, work with an experienced attorney at our firm.
Contact Us · Free Consultation · Contingency Fees · 512-593-7399