In most cases, operations are performed successfully and patients can be confident about recovery. Unfortunately, there will always be a percentage that involves complications. When those complications could have been avoided, you may have a medical malpractice case on your hands.
At Winckler & Harvey, L.L.P., our Austin surgical error attorneys represent individuals who have suffered due to operating room negligence. Such errors should not be taken lightly. We understand the severity of complications and their consequences, which in some occasions can lead to a wrongful death case. We work with every client and family one-on-one to address their unique needs and deliver optimal results.
Reach our Austin, Texas, office online or by telephone at 512-593-7399 (toll free at 888-640-1800) to schedule a free initial consultation.
Fight Back With Help From Experienced Texas Surgery Error Attorneys
It can be difficult to determine and assert that a surgical complication was the result of malpractice as opposed to the expected risk associated with operations. A surgical error could be caused by:
- Lack of planning or proper analysis of risks to a particular patient prior to operating
- Poor communication between nurses, doctors and staff prior to, during or after an operation
- Overworked, understaffed or otherwise fatigued surgeons and nursing staff
- Staff that performs an operation while under the influence of a controlled substance or medication used to stay alert
- Lack of proper training or experience resulting in incompetence in the operating room
- Failure to perform crucial tasks such as sterilization of instruments
Our team of medical malpractice lawyers understands the crucial elements of surgeon negligence cases and can build a strong case in defense of your claim. Do not hesitate to contact us to get the help you need.
Contact Us · Free Consultation · Contingency Fees · 512-593-7399